This page has login restricted information, kindly Sign In to view details. In case you have not signed up yet kindly click here to Sign Up
- This Ethiopian adventure begins and concludes in Addis Ababa
- Visit Bahar Dar, the picturesque town set on the shores of Lake Tana. You will visit the island monasteries and the Blue Nile Falls.
- The Amhara, Tigray people way of life and their village.
- In Gondar you will visit the ancient churches and castles, remnants of a bygone Ethiopian Empire.
- Proceed to Semien mountain, the region includes many summits above 4,000m. (13,000feet), and the highest point in Ethiopia. Ras-Dashen is also the fourth highest mountain in Africa. The park is 179 km2 (111square miles). It is in Afro Alpine zone and the temperature falls below freezing at night. The park hosts many mammals and birds including the endemic mammals —, chelada baboon and other endemic plant species. This scenically beautiful national park is registered by UNESCO as world heritage.
- Fly to South part of Ethiopia to Arbaminch to visit the Dorze tribes, their village, Lake Chamo with its aquatic life of birds and hippopotamuses.
- Your adventure concludes in Addis Ababa where you enjoy a night of traditional Ethiopian food, live music and dancing.
Morning arrival at Bole International airport, meet our representative and transfer to hotel. After some rest we will have Addis Ababa city tour including a drive to Mount Entoto for panoramic view of the city, national Museum which is the resting place of our ancestor LUCY, Trinity Cathedral. Overnight Swiss Inn Nexus hotel / Similar 4*
Morning flight to Bahirdar, transfer to hotel and we will start boat trip over Lake Tana to the Zeghie peninsula to visit the beautifully painted churches that are found hidden in the small forest: Azwa Mariam Monastery. Our second stop will be at the Bete Maryam Monastery located on the Zege Peninsula not far from Bahir Dar. We chose to stop at Bete Maryam which means “the House of Mary” first since it is one of the oldest and most spectacular monasteries on the peninsula and is also a short walk from the boat landing. The monastery is a round wooden structure with mud and straw walls. There is an outer room, middle circular room and the central room for priests only. The outer ring has little decoration but the inner ring has floor to ceiling paintings depicting the bible stories. Back to Bahirdar for lunch. Afternoon Bahirdar city tour with possible market tour and Bezawit palace for panoramic view of the town of Bahirdar, the Blue Nile River and Lake Tana. Overnight Homeland / Similar hotel.
Morning drive to Gonder. On the way visit the Awramba Community. In Northwest Ethiopia lives a community of around 500 people, founded by a once labeled crazy man called Zumra Nuru. The Awramba are completely self-sufficient and follow 4 principles: respecting equality of women, caring for the elderly, respecting children’s’ rights and avoiding bad deeds. Proceed to Gonder. Afternoon you will be taken to visit the castle compound where you can see the medieval castle of king Fasilidas, King Yohannes, King Eyasu, King Dawit, King Bakafa and Queen Mentewab. We will also visit the churches of Debre Birhan Selassie with awesome wall paintings and the bath of King Fasilidas. Overnight Gonder hills resort.
Morning, we drive to Semien Mountain to visit the marvelous scenery of the Semien Mountain, the endemic animals of Chilada Baboon and birds. Five Kms from Gonder you will see the old village of the black Jewish at Woleka. Proceed to Simien Mountain, time with the Chilada baboon which is endemic mammal in Ethiopia.
Enjoy the view at Sankaber and trek around. Sankaber lies within the park and found at an altitude of 3825msl. It is the place to see troops of Gelada Baboon on the way. They are very attractive and so taking picture of them is unforgettable. These are a different primates found only in Ethiopia and live on vegetables and soft roots. Walk to the wonderful view points around Sankaber. Lunch box will be taken on the site/view point. Back to Gonder Overnight Gonder Hills resort
Morning you will transfer to Gonder airport for the flight back to Addis. Afternoon visit the Ethnological Museum which is a public institution dedicated to ethnology and culture. The Ethnological Museum houses anthropological, musicological and cultural objects. The Ethnological Museum is the first university museum in Ethiopia. Merkato which is the biggest market, some monuments etc. Overnight Nexus hotel / Similar 4*.
Today we fly to Arbaminch and have lunch in the hotel. Afternoon a drive to Chencha to Dorze tribes and their village. The Dorze are Well known cotton weavers, the Dorze tribe were once warriors. They are famous for their cotton woven cloths and beehive huts. Admire the wonderful view of Lake Abaya and Chamo. Overnight Haile Resort Arbaminch
Today we will have boat ride over Lake Chamo (551sq. and 10m deep- 3rd biggest Lake in Ethiopia, located at 1,225 meters above sea level) to see Africa’s gigantic Nile Crocodile, Hippos and Aquatic birds.
Lake Chamo: It has an area of 551km2 length 26km, Width 22 km10m, and Altitude 1235m. The Lakes (Abaya and Chamo) are ringed by Savannah Plains and smoky Mountain Crests.
The best point from which to explore these two Lakes- Which many consider to be the most Beautiful in the rift Valley –and national park of which Part of their Surface is an integrated part is from the town of Arba Minch. From the town on the ridge of Land that divides Abaya and Chamo, there are Commanding Views of the Panorama all around Including Bothe Lakes with Nachisar. The Shore of Lake Chamo is a good place to view crocodiles, just south of the town, at a Place popularly referred to as the azo Gabaya or Crocodile market. This spot offers one of Africa’s most impressive displays of big crocs.
An Unusual attraction is the crocodile farm close to the Abaya port at the north east sector of Arab Minch, where visitors can see at Close hand these primaeval creatures at various stages of growth. As well as their crocodiles and bird life such as the fish eagle, for Nile perch- often weighing more than 100 kilos-and for the fighting tiger fish. Overnight Haile Resort Arbaminch
Morning enjoys the view from your resort and around noon transfer to Arbaminch airport for flight back to Addis, souvenir shopping and evening fare well dinner at one of the city’s best traditional restaurants to enjoy a variety of Ethiopian cuisines and watch traditional dancing. Then transfer to Bole international airport for the flight back home.
- Seven nights room accommodation on a twin bed bases
- Meal on half board bases (breakfast and dinner) with hot and soft drinks
- All ground transport with fuel
- Experienced drivers and all their allowances
- English speaking local guides in all destinations
- All entrance fee as per the itinerary
- Boat trip on Lake Tana and Lake Chamo
- All road taxes
International Flights and Airport Taxes
Visa Fees (if applicable)
Medical & Travel Insurance
Incidental tips to hotel/lodge staff
All expenses of personal nature
Any entrance fees and guided excursions not included in the above itinerary if not mentioned
Early Check In & Late Check Out
Internal & Domestic Flights (priced separately)
Domestic flight cost (Addis- Bahirdar// Gonder- Addis- Arbaminch- Addis) is AUD 696/person for those
who use Ethopien internationally. Otherwise, it will be AUD 949/person.
Any alcoholic drinks
Any gratitude to guide and drivers
What is not included in the inclusive part.
Optionals on requests.
Domestic flights at additional costs.
Addis Ababa - Nexus hotel 4*/ Similar
Bahirdar - Homeland/Similar hotel
Gonder - Gonder hills resort
Arbaminch - Haile Resort Arbaminch.
- All quotes are subject to availability and change due to airfare increases, hotel rate increases, currency exchange fluctuations and any other unforeseen circumstances all without prior notice.
- Itinerary and journey times are close approximations and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Light Aircraft Flights:
- Baggage allowance is normally restricted between 15kg to 30 kg (depending on country, aviation supplier and seat class chosen) per passenger, inclusive of hand luggage in soft bags. Excess baggage will be charged at prevailing rates and only carried subject to space availability.
- Timings in remote areas such as national parks may vary from day to day. It is very important that your clients ask their tour guide or lodge manager to reconfirm flights 24 hours before departure. This reconfirmation process will give the departure and arrival details for the flight(s) the following day and will save unnecessary waiting time and discomfort. Charter companies reserves the right to change departure times or carrier when so required for operational, weather or safety reasons.
- Passenger weights limits apply for light aircraft flights and additional seats may be required if exceeding the weight limit. However, please let us know in advance if this is likely to apply so we can do whatever is possible to minimize the likelihood of this becoming an issue.