This page has login restricted information, kindly Sign In to view details. In case you have not signed up yet kindly click here to Sign Up
- This Ethiopian adventure begins and concludes in Addis Ababa
- Visit Bahar Dar, the picturesque town set on the shores of Lake Tana. You will visit the island monasteries and the Blue Nile Falls.
- The Amhara, Tigray people way of life and their village.
- In Gondar you will visit the ancient churches and castles, remnants of a bygone Ethiopian Empire.
- Proceed to Semien Mountain, the region includes many summits above 4,000m. (13,000 feet) and the highest point in Ethiopia. Ras-Dashen is also the fourth highest mountain in Africa. The park is 179 km2 (111 square miles). It is in Afro Alpine zone and the temperature falls below freezing at night. The park hosts many mammals and birds including the endemic mammals —Walia Ibex, chelada baboon & Simien fox and endemic plant species. This scenically beautiful national park is registered by UNESCO as world heritage.
- Continuing on the historic route, to Lalibela, a world-heritage-listed town set high in craggy mountains. Lalibela is renowned for its 12th- and 13th-century churches hewn out of solid rock and connected with subterranean passages.
- Your adventure concludes in Addis Ababa where you enjoy a night of traditional Ethiopian food, live music and dancing.
Arrival at Bole International airport, meet our representative and transfer to hotel. After some rest we will have Addis Ababa city tour including a drive to Mount Entoto for panoramic view of the city, National Museum which is the resting place of our ancestor LUCY, Trinity Cathedral, Ethnological Museum, Red Terror Museum, Merkato which is the biggest market, some monuments etc. Overnight Swiss Inn Nexus hotel 4*/Similar.
Morning flight to Bahirdar, transfer to hotel and we will start boat trip over Lake Tana to the Zeghie peninsula to visit the beautifully painted churches that are found hidden in the small forest: Azwa Mariam Monastery. Our second stop will be at the Bete Maryam Monastery located on the Zege Peninsula not far from Bahir Dar. We chose to stop at Bete Maryam which means “The House of Mary” first since it is one of the oldest and most spectacular monasteries on the peninsula and is also a short walk from the boat landing. The monastery is a round wooden structure with mud and straw walls. There is an outer room, middle circular room and the central room for priests only. The outer ring has little decoration but the inner ring has floor to ceiling paintings depicting the bible stories. Back to Bahirdar for lunch. Afternoon Bahirdar market and city tour. Overnight Homeland hotel/Similar.
Morning, we drive 70 KM round trip to visit Tississat named after the water falls of the Blue Nile River (the life blood for the Sudanese and Egyptians). Be informed that clients will walk about an 30 minutes to arrive near to the water falls on Blue Nile. Back to the city and late afternoon we will have a drive to Bezawit palace for the panoramic view of Blue Nile River, Lake Tana, the town of Bahirdar with a wonderful sun set view. Overnight Homeland hotel/Similar.
Morning drive to Gonder. On the way visit the Guzara castle, admire the wonderful landscape and view. Transfer to hotel and have lunch. On the way visit the Awramba Community. In Northwest Ethiopia lives a community of around 500 people, founded by a once labeled crazy man called Zumra Nuru. The Awramba are completely self-sufficient and follow 4 principles: respecting equality of women, caring for the elderly, respecting children’s’ rights and avoiding bad deeds. Afternoon you will be taken to visit the castle compound where you can see the medieval castle of king Fasilidas, King Yohannes, King Eyasu, King Dawit, King Bakafa and Queen Mentewab. We will also visit the churches of Debre Birhan Selassie with awesome wall paintings and the bath of King Fasilidas Overnight Goha hotel/Similar.
Morning, we drive to Semien Mountain to visit the marvelous scenery of the Semien Mountain, the endemic animals of Walya Ibex, Chilada Baboon and birds. Five Kms from Gonder you will see the old village of the black Jewish. The full day you are in the Semien Mountain around Sankaber campsite, hiking to Jimbar water falls, trekking and time with Chilada Baboon, Late afternoon drive back to Gonder. Overnight Goha hotel/Similar.
Today we drive to Lalibela Via Werota weldia. On the way visit the beautiful scenery, the Amhara people and their village, the real country side of Ethiopia. Overnight Mezena lodge
Today we will visit the 1st group churches which are included Bieta Medhanialem (Chapel of Holy Savior) which is the biggest and Bieta Mariam (Chapel of Mary): three aisled with mural paintings and a covered pillar containing inscriptions about the end of the world according to the gadl (act)of saintly king. Further visit of Bieta Denagel (Chapel of the Virgins), Bieta Meskel (Chapel of the cross) and finally, the “double – church” of Debre Sina and Bieta Golghotha (women are not allowed in the latter since it’s where the remains of King Lalibela are and also because it contains the tabernacle of the Holy Trinity). Afternoon visit of the second group of rock-hewn churches that are namely: Bieta Gabriel and Raphael, Bieta Merquorios, Bieta Emmanuel with unprecedented Axumite style and the Bieta Abaa Libanos (said to have been built by King Lalibela’s consort Meskal Kebra and visit the Bieta Ghiorghis which is the cruciform chapel of St. George.
Overnight Mezena lodge
Morning after breakfast you'll be driven to the charming semi–cave church of Neakutoleab, a church of the early 13th century. Inside, there are various artefacts believed to have belonged to Na’akuto La’ab, including crowns, gold-painted drums, crosses, a large painted canvas depicting ancient kings and an old, illuminated Bible. Intriguingly, the monastery has some ancient stone receptacles that gather the water that drips from the cave’s roof, thought to be holy water. Proceed to Lalibela airport for the flight back to Addis. Flight arrive around 2:30, have lunch and Souvenir shopping, evening fare well dinner at one of the city’s best traditional restaurants to enjoy a variety of Ethiopian cuisines and watch traditional dancing transfer. Then transfer to Bole international airport for the night flight back home.
- Seven nights room accommodation on a twin/double bed bases as per the above details.
- Meal on half board bases (breakfast and dinner) during hotel accommodation with soft and hot drink.
- All ground transport including the airport transfer in/out.
- Half day boat trip on lake Tana in Bahirdar
- English speaking professional all along the trip with you.
- Complementary Water during the whole trip.
- Local guide fee in all destinations
- All entrance fee as per the itinerary in villages, parks etc.
- All road taxes
International Flights and Airport Taxes
Visa Fees (if applicable)
Any alcoholic drinks,
Personal gratitude to driver, guide
video/camera shooting fee,
What is not included in the inclusive part
- Domestic flight cost (Addis – Bahirdar// Lalibela- Addis ) AUD 806/Person. The airline gives discounted rate for those who use Ethiopian airlines internationally. In that case price is AUD 598/person.
Addis Ababa - Swiss Inn Nexus hotel 4*/Similar.
Bahirdar - Homeland hotel/Similar.
Gonder - Goha hotel/Similar.
Lalibela - Overnight Mezena lodge
Domestic flight cost (Addis – Bahirdar// Lalibela- Addis ) AUD 806/Person. The airline gives discounted rate for those who use Ethiopian airlines internationally. In that case price is AUD 598/person.
For dinner options, it will be your full authority to select Restaurants and we also recommend you some.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE
All GGTS standard terms and conditions apply to this quote, these terms and conditions are available on request
This quote is valid for 48 hours only and after 48 hours a new quotation will be issued on request
All quotes are subject to availability and change due to airfare increases, hotel rate increases, currency exchange fluctuations and any other unforeseen circumstances all without prior notice.
Please check and re-confirm all services on this itinerary with us prior to final booking, failure to do so may result in incorrectly scheduled services for which we will not be held responsible in any manner whatsoever.
Itinerary and journey times are close approximations and are subject to change without prior notice.
Light Aircraft Flights:
Baggage allowance is normally restricted between 15kg to 30 kg (depending on country, aviation supplier and seat class chosen) per passenger, inclusive of hand luggage in soft bags. Excess baggage will be charged at prevailing rates and only carried subject to space availability.
Timings in remote areas such as national parks may vary from day to day. It is very important that your clients ask their tour guide or lodge manager to reconfirm flights 24 hours before departure. This reconfirmation process will give the departure and arrival details for the flight(s) the following day and will save unnecessary waiting time and discomfort. Charter companies reserves the right to change departure times or carrier when so required for operational, weather or safety reasons.
Passenger weights limits apply for light aircraft flights and additional seats may be required if exceeding the weight limit. However, please let us know in advance if this is likely to apply so we can do whatever is possible to minimize the likelihood of this becoming an issue.