This page has login restricted information, kindly Sign In to view details. In case you have not signed up yet kindly click here to Sign Up
Immerse yourself in 1,100 years of history at one of England’s most beautiful medieval castles before visiting the birthplace of William Shakespeare in the picturesque town of Stratford-upon-Avon. Take a trip through the rolling hills of the Cotswolds, the largest designated Area of Natural Beauty in the UK, and drive past idyllic cottages as you head off to explore the historical city of Oxford - home of the world-famous University of Oxford and some of the most elegant period architecture in the UK.
A full day tour through the enchanting Cotswolds, visiting medieval Warwick Castle, Shakespeare’s Stratford upon Avon and a walk through the cobbled streets of Oxford.
• Visit to Medieval Warwick Castle.
• Scenic Cotswolds Drive.
• Visit to Stratford upon Avon with entry to Shakespeare’s Birthplace.
• Walking tour of Oxford.
• First-class luxury Motor-coach and the services of a professional Tour Guide.
Medieval Warwick Castle:
We take you back through Warwick Castle’s 1,000 year history to a time of bloody battles, extravagant banquets and royal ceremony. Visit the Madame Tussaud’s waxworks display where you can hear the Earl of Warwick as he prepares for battle. See the gruesome dungeons where prisoners were tortured. Alternatively, you might like to stroll through the Castle’s lovingly tended gardens.
Stratford upon Avon:
Birthplace of William Shakespeare: if you have ever used the expression: ‘Too much of a good thing’, ‘Come what may’ or ‘Laughing stock,’ you are quoting the great playwright.
We will visit his Birthplace, and will gain a fascinating insight into his life.
We drive through one of the most scenic areas of England, the Cotswolds. Passing through charming villages with thatched cottages, tea shops and ancient inns.
The colleges in Oxford date back to the 13th century and among its famous students were Bill Clinton, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien and Lewis Carroll. We’ll also see the Bodleian Library and the picture perfect college courtyards for which Oxford is famous.
Admission to Warwick Castle and Shakespeare’s Birthplace is included in the tour price.
DAYS OF OPERATION:
April to October – Daily
November to March – every Monday, Wednesday & Saturday
TOUR STARTS: 08.30hrs, Victoria Coach Station
TOUR FINISHES: 19.00hrs, Victoria Train Station
- Entrance To Warwick Castle And Shakespeare's Birthplace Are Included In This Tour
- Expert Guide
- Wi-Fi On-Board
- Personal Audio Headset
- Superior Coach
- Usb Charging On-Board
- Selected Entrances
- Walking Tour Of Oxford
- International / Domestic Airfare
- Optional Activities
- Other Meals, Drinks, Tips And Other Personal Expenses Or Services Not Specified On The Program
- Personal Equipment
- Travel Insurance
- Voluntary Tips For Guides Or Drivers
- Travel And Medical Insurance
- Any Items Not Mentioned As Included
- Hotel Pick-Up & Drop-Off
Duration: Full Day Tour: Tour departs at 08.30 hrs from Victoria Coach Station and finishes at Victoria Train Station at approx. 19.00 hours
April to October daily departures
November to March every Monday, Wednesday, & Saturday
Also available in Spanish (Tour 15638) every Wednesday
Also available in Brazilian Portuguese (every Tour 15641) every Saturday
- At the start of the tour guests will be issued with a headset featuring a disposable ear-piece. When guests embark on the walking section of the tour, the guide will talk to them through a microphone that is connected to their ear-piece using a radio channel. With no interruptions from background noise or other tour groups, every word becomes crystal clear, creating a more intimate experience!